2020 Toyota 4Runner Towing Capacity
No manufacturer innovates in engineering and safety systems more impressively than in the new Toyota lineup. From the 2020 Land Cruiser to the classic Corolla, each one is tailored to the task at hand. Nowhere is this more apparent, perhaps, than the 2020 Toyota 4Runner. Towing capacity meets comfort and security on any surface and any adventure around Mission Hills in the new 4Runner. So, how much can a Toyota 4Runner tow?
A standard 4.0L V6 engine and the latest technological developments allow the mid-size 2020 Toyota 4Runner to deliver up to 5,000 pounds of towing power. Learn more with Toyota of Downtown LA below about the impressive features that allow the 4Runner to make waves around Cerritos.
The Standard Power of the Toyota 4Runner
Before we step into the finer points of how much can a Toyota 4Runner tow, let’s get under the hood:
Toyota 4Runner Engine and Performance Specifications
- An efficient 4.0-Liter V6 creates great fuel economy paired with jaw-dropping power
- Standard output for the 4Runner engine creates 270 hp @ 5600 rpm and 278 lb.-ft. of torque @ 4400 rpm
- Dual Independent Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (VVT-i) allows control of the overlap between intake and exhaust valve opening
- The Dual VVT-i system creates improved idling economy for West Hollywood stoplights and faster catalytic converter reaction, among much more
Toyota 4Runner Towing Performance Features
The answer to “How much can a Toyota 4Runner tow?” comes down to what package you select. Because all seven trims come equipped with that muscular V6 engine, the base model can manage the same feats of towing prowess as the top-level trim. Few manufacturers allow this sort of versatility, as performance features often get paired with luxury items. Customization is a necessity on the trail, and the new 4Runner makes sure of it. See below for the standard features that allow the Toyota 4Runner towing capacity to reach such great heights:
- Integrated Towing Hitch Receiver: This ever-ready feature is only available as an upgrade on some competitors.
- Wiring Harness with 4- and 7-Pin Connectors: This allows you to connect your trailer lights securely and safely when you’re trailering.
- Ground Clearance: 9.6 inches of ground clearance means you can tackle off-roading with comfort and precision, even when making use of that 1,700-pound payload capacity.
- Downhill Assist Control (DAC): This helps the driver maintain vehicle control on downward slopes.
- Hill Start Assist Control (HSAC): The HSAC is designed to reduce rolling backward on slopes, which also allows better fuel economy and less wear on your engine.
Consider these available Toyota 4Runner features that allow you to bring your towing capacity up to its maximum and take full advantage of that engine power:
- All-Wheel Drive:
- Side Steps
- Roof Rack
Further customization is yours with just a click through our parts center specialists! Bumping up to All-Terrain Tires or something more specialized? Consult our tire center experts to find your next upgrade!
The 2020 Toyota 4Runner for Sale in Los Angeles
Wondering how the 2020 Toyota 4Runner towing capacity can enhance your travels? Get in touch with the Los Angeles team today to make your next purchase the start of your next great adventure! Toyota of Downtown LA is standing by with the latest information on all the incredible Toyota systems, and a vast inventory to help make your selection. Contact us today to get started!
More from Toyota of Downtown LA
How much does a Toyota Highlander cost? The Toyota Highlander price starts at $34,910* for the LX trim and goes up as you move up the trim levels. However, you’ll find a reliable family vehicle with features like Toyota SafetySense™ 2.5+ (TSS 2.5+), a 295-hp 3.5L V6 engine, ample towing power, and room for three…
The 2021 Toyota Camry can achieve up to 28 mpg city / 39 mpg highway* with a conventional engine or 51 mpg city / 53 mpg highway* with an available hybrid powertrain. In other words, the spectacular 2021 Toyota Camry mpg ratings offer you the ability to get superior gas mileage everywhere you go —…
The streets of Mission Hills are waiting for you to drive your brand new, reliable, fully-loaded Toyota Camry sedan down today. The 2021 Toyota Camry configurations offer an impressive variety of trim levels that are sure to exceed your expectations while meeting your budget. Whether you are a loyal Toyota sedan customer or ready to experience…