How to Change Your Toyota Corolla’s Oil
Toyota Corolla vehicles running on conventional oil (5W-30) need their oil changed every 5,000 miles or 6 months – whichever comes first. Toyota Corolla vehicles running on synthetic motor oil (OW-20) need their oil changed every 10,000 miles – whichever comes first. DIYers around Huntington Park: Learn how to change your Toyota Corolla’s oil here, courtesy of the service experts at Toyota of Downtown LA.
How to Change the Oil on Your Toyota Corolla
- Prepare tools. – Get together all your supplies and tools. You’ll need oil, oil filter, wrench, funnel, a rag, and an oil pan.
- Let the car sit. – After parking your Corolla in your Los Angeles garage, allow it to sit for around 15 minutes.
- Put a pan under the drain plug. – Put your oil pan under the drain plug, so that the old oil has somewhere to go.
- Drain the old oil. – Using your wrench, remove the drain plug. After you loosen up the drain plug with a wrench, you can usually finish the job with your fingers. Make sure to keep your face away from the drain plug, otherwise you’ll get a stream of oil in your face! Remember to reattach the plug with the wrench when draining is done.
- Take out the oil filter. – Remove the old oil filter along with the rubber gasket. The old oil filter should be positioned above the drain plug.
- Install the new oil filter. – Before you replace your Corolla’s old oil filter with a new one, it’s wise to add a little oil to your new oil filter. Dampen your rag with some motor oil, and then add the motor oil to the filter.
- Pour new oil in. – Pour the new motor oil into the oil tank, using a funnel to prevent spilling.
- Check the oil level. – Wait a couple minutes and then insert the dipstick to make sure the oil level is full.
Get an Affordable Toyota Corolla Oil Change Today!
If you don’t feel comfortable changing the oil on your Toyota Corolla, simply take the drive from the Mission Hills area to the service center at Toyota of Downtown LA. Here, we offer oil change specials and oil change coupons. Reach us online with any questions about the Toyota Corolla – such as fuel economy numbers or interior specs.
Oil Change Specials at Toyota of Downtown LA
We are currently updating our Specials. Please check back soon.
Latest News from Toyota of Downtown LA
Who says choosing a midsize SUV has to be cause for a decrease in towing capacity? Not us at Toyota of Downtown LA! In fact, though trucks like the Toyota Tacoma and Toyota Tundra almost always tow more than their SUV counterparts, the Toyota Highlander offers quite an impressive (not to mention capable) 5,000-pound maximum towing capacity; that’s…
The Toyota Tundra is more than just a stylish, rugged truck. It’s also quite a capable truck. Deciding between the Tundra vs. Tacoma to see which meets your Mission Hills needs better? As was the case in model year 2021, the 2022 Tundra and Tacoma offer very different capabilities, especially when it comes to space…
With the selection of interior and exterior 2022 Toyota RAV4 colors, you can customize your new SUV to reflect your unique aesthetic. Whether you’re looking for the classic appeal of Midnight Black Metallic or the eye-catching boldness of Ruby Flare Pearl, your new RAV4 will make just the right impression around Mission Hills! Explore your…