How to Change Your Toyota Corolla’s Oil
Toyota Corolla vehicles running on conventional oil (5W-30) need their oil changed every 5,000 miles or 6 months – whichever comes first. Toyota Corolla vehicles running on synthetic motor oil (OW-20) need their oil changed every 10,000 miles – whichever comes first. DIYers around Huntington Park: Learn how to change your Toyota Corolla’s oil here, courtesy of the service experts at Toyota of Downtown LA.
How to Change the Oil on Your Toyota Corolla
- Prepare tools. – Get together all your supplies and tools. You’ll need oil, oil filter, wrench, funnel, a rag, and an oil pan.
- Let the car sit. – After parking your Corolla in your Los Angeles garage, allow it to sit for around 15 minutes.
- Put a pan under the drain plug. – Put your oil pan under the drain plug, so that the old oil has somewhere to go.
- Drain the old oil. – Using your wrench, remove the drain plug. After you loosen up the drain plug with a wrench, you can usually finish the job with your fingers. Make sure to keep your face away from the drain plug, otherwise you’ll get a stream of oil in your face! Remember to reattach the plug with the wrench when draining is done.
- Take out the oil filter. – Remove the old oil filter along with the rubber gasket. The old oil filter should be positioned above the drain plug.
- Install the new oil filter. – Before you replace your Corolla’s old oil filter with a new one, it’s wise to add a little oil to your new oil filter. Dampen your rag with some motor oil, and then add the motor oil to the filter.
- Pour new oil in. – Pour the new motor oil into the oil tank, using a funnel to prevent spilling.
- Check the oil level. – Wait a couple minutes and then insert the dipstick to make sure the oil level is full.
Get an Affordable Toyota Corolla Oil Change Today!
If you don’t feel comfortable changing the oil on your Toyota Corolla, simply take the drive from the Mission Hills area to the service center at Toyota of Downtown LA. Here, we offer oil change specials and oil change coupons. Reach us online with any questions about the Toyota Corolla – such as fuel economy numbers or interior specs.
Oil Change Specials at Toyota of Downtown LA
Latest News from Toyota of Downtown LA
When you’re looking for a truck that can handle the workload and is reliable enough to keep up with all your Hollywood needs, look no further than the 2024 Toyota Tundra. Not only do you get the famous Toyota performance and reliability along with impressive towing power, and all topped off with an array…
The Toyota Tacoma has long been the midsize pickup of choice for drivers throughout the Mission Hills and Cerritos area, and it’s easy to see why. Packed with raw power, best-in-class features, and generous towing capabilities, this is a truck that can rise to any challenge on the road or the job site. At Toyota of Downtown LA,…
Are you in the market for a new vehicle, and you want to invest in something you can trust to keep you safe and get you where you need to go in Hollywood? Then, exploring the 2024 Toyota Camry and all it has to offer is a perfect place to start! Not only do…