How to Change Your Toyota Corolla’s Oil
Toyota Corolla vehicles running on conventional oil (5W-30) need their oil changed every 5,000 miles or 6 months – whichever comes first. Toyota Corolla vehicles running on synthetic motor oil (OW-20) need their oil changed every 10,000 miles – whichever comes first. DIYers around Huntington Park: Learn how to change your Toyota Corolla’s oil here, courtesy of the service experts at Toyota of Downtown LA.
How to Change the Oil on Your Toyota Corolla
- Prepare tools. – Get together all your supplies and tools. You’ll need oil, oil filter, wrench, funnel, a rag, and an oil pan.
- Let the car sit. – After parking your Corolla in your Los Angeles garage, allow it to sit for around 15 minutes.
- Put a pan under the drain plug. – Put your oil pan under the drain plug, so that the old oil has somewhere to go.
- Drain the old oil. – Using your wrench, remove the drain plug. After you loosen up the drain plug with a wrench, you can usually finish the job with your fingers. Make sure to keep your face away from the drain plug, otherwise you’ll get a stream of oil in your face! Remember to reattach the plug with the wrench when draining is done.
- Take out the oil filter. – Remove the old oil filter along with the rubber gasket. The old oil filter should be positioned above the drain plug.
- Install the new oil filter. – Before you replace your Corolla’s old oil filter with a new one, it’s wise to add a little oil to your new oil filter. Dampen your rag with some motor oil, and then add the motor oil to the filter.
- Pour new oil in. – Pour the new motor oil into the oil tank, using a funnel to prevent spilling.
- Check the oil level. – Wait a couple minutes and then insert the dipstick to make sure the oil level is full.
Get an Affordable Toyota Corolla Oil Change Today!
If you don’t feel comfortable changing the oil on your Toyota Corolla, simply take the drive from the Mission Hills area to the service center at Toyota of Downtown LA. Here, we offer oil change specials and oil change coupons. Reach us online with any questions about the Toyota Corolla – such as fuel economy numbers or interior specs.
Oil Change Specials at Toyota of Downtown LA
We are currently updating our Specials. Please check back soon.
Latest News from Toyota of Downtown LA
You’re likely to find a ton of new Toyota Corolla compact sedans cruising around on Los Angeles and Mission Hills roads. There are many good reasons for this, but one of them relates directly to the versatility and diversity of the Toyota Corolla configurations. The starting Toyota Corolla price, or as it’s often known, the Toyota Corolla…
The 2022 Toyota Camry interior provides savvy midsize sedan shoppers around Mission Hills like you with a whole lot to love. What exactly can be found inside the 2022 Camry? It’s not just the Toyota Camry dimensions inside the cabin or trunk that are impressive. This Toyota sedan’s family-friendly features and luxuries also make it extremely…
If you’re looking for a fuel-efficient midsize truck around Mission Hills and Cerritos and you haven’t checked out the 2021 Toyota Tacoma MPG specs, then you’re missing out. Whether it’s the Tacoma V6 mpg specs that are in question or the Tacoma 4 cylinder MPG specs, one thing is sure: the Toyota Tacoma is one fuel-efficient…